Are you hungry? Would you like some salt?

Saturday 9 October 2010

Ask passion for mercy and he'll throw you a rope


So I have decided I'm going to paint Hitler 'canonised' like a saint. Just with more symbolism in the image.
I hope.

To just have the image as a classical styled saint painting is too easy - too obvious. I need to change the painting method - make it my own.

Deconstruct the image and reconstruct it.
I could use a 'tile' puzzle to literally slide apart and break up my image.
I can use these moveable squares to scramble my image.


There is software that can be downloaded and then used for this but as far as I can see this is only for Windows. 
Bastards.

So far I've been using a fantastic website which you can access here to 'shuffle' my images.
Now when I decide on a composition with drawings and photoshop I can then dismantle it with this tool until I find a suitable (re)composition.
This can then be worked and reworked, etc.
You get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment